ValidateThis! is an object oriented validation framework designed with the following goals in mind:
- Allow for an unlimited number of validation types (e.g., Required, Email, EqualTo, Range, etc.) and allow for new validation types to be added without requiring any modifications to the core or existing validations.
- Ability to define validation rules in metadata (e.g., in an xml file) and automatically generate code, on the fly, for both client-side and server side validations. This will include automatic failure message generation.
- Return metadata when validations fail, to allow an application developer to implement flexible message display options.
- Any invalid values submitted by a user will be available for display via the business object for which the validation was performed.
- The framework should be persistence Layer agnostic. it should be possible to integrate it with any ORM or custom developed model.
- The framework should be MVC framework agnostic. it should be possible to integrate it with any existing or homegrown MVC framework.
Note that version 0.75 added internationalization (i18n) support.
Note also that version 0.8 added a Coldbox Plugin.